Senior SQA Engineer – FinTech
Are you a fintech geek or would you want to be one? We design, develop and manage payment systems and applications for money service businesses, e-wallets, and e-commerce companies. Our clients are European and their users are spread all across the globe.
We’re not a huge corporation, however; we’re quite the opposite actually. We’re a small, friendly and flexible company from Dhaka building big projects. Each of our colleagues makes a significant impact with meaningful contributions, which is why we’re looking for the best and brightest to join our elite team of fintech geeks.
We’re looking for someone to join our team of 10 developers, 3 QA and 2 UI/UX designer based in Dhaka and an additional two developers and 3 product managers based in Europe.
WHAT WE REQUIRE
- 3-5 years experience in application testing.
- Good knowledge of regression testing, feature testing, automated testing and user acceptance testing.
- Knowledge of automation tools.
We follow the highest possible standards to meet the strictest financial services regulations. As a team, we’re continually shifting, facing new challenges and expanding our knowledge of reliable software architecture, programming languages and the latest technology, and we expect you to do so.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEBODY WHO CAN
- Develop, implement and maintain cross-platform test suites
- Perform in a collaborative team with various developers to implement multi-platform test automation utilising various test automation frameworks.
- Prepare and implement software test plans, designs, objectives and cases.
- Identify, evaluate and record questionable behaviour, defects, inconsistencies and errors with application functionality, online screens, output and content.
- Prepare automated test solutions utilising state-of-the-art software testing practices and tools.
- Perform with software development engineers for product design, walkthrough, code reviews and product lifecycle inspections.
- Investigate and escalate all problems.
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipeline
- Knowledge of API testing
- Respond to all technical support inquiries concerning the software application’s functions and operation.
- Do review of work of junior colleagues and help them to improve
- Communicate in English without any problems as we’re an international team
- Work Monday to Friday from 12:00 pm to 9:00 pm with a 1-hour break as our clients are in EU (Saturday-Sunday are days off)
WHAT IS BENEFICIAL TO HAVE AS YOU WILL USE IT WITH US
- Experience with fintech product/application testing (manual and automation).
- PHP unit and feature testing
- Git / Github
- Software development lifecycle
- Interest in fintech
- CI/CD pipeline
- Jenkin, Circle CI
WHO WE ARE
We have a passion for challenges and discovering new opportunities to improve. Geek Picker has been operating for 4 years, and in 2020 we grew from two people to ten. In 2021 we have plans to double our team. We believe in personal responsibility and operate with a flat hierarchy where each person is responsible for their respective task. Ultimately, it’s people who make our products. Although we work hard, we take every opportunity to have fun and relax. But when necessary, we jump into action and work hard.
As we work with European clients, we need to follow a similar schedule, but there is flexibility if you need to solve something personal during the day. We believe in your ability to act responsibly, and therefore you will deliver what was promised. Once a week, we have the opportunity to work from home. The rest of the days that we’re in the office, we try to make it a place we want it to be. After all, we spend so much of our lives at work. In the office, you can find fresh fruit, lunches, tea and coffee. We celebrate Bangla New year and plan to do remote offices to encourage team bonding in new environments. Each of us has a personal budget for self-development.