Are you a fintech geek? Or want to be one? Then you might be interested in this opportunity, so keep reading. We design, develop and manage payment systems and applications for money service businesses, e-wallets and e-commerce companies. Our clients are European, and their users are spread across the globe.
However, we’re not a huge corporation; we’re actually quite the opposite. We’re a small, friendly and flexible company doing big things from Dhaka. Each of our colleagues makes a significant impact with meaningful contributions, which is why we’re looking for the best and brightest to join our elite team of fintech geeks.
Our GeekPicker team works on two main products: a payment gateway system for e-commerce businesses and an e-wallet for electronic money businesses. We’re looking for someone to join our team of 7 developers, 2 QA and 2 UI/UX designers based in Dhaka and an additional 3 developers and 2 product managers based in Europe.
𝑾𝑯𝑨𝑻 𝒀𝑶𝑼 𝑾𝑰𝑳𝑳 𝑾𝑶𝑹𝑲 𝑶𝑵
- Scalable fintech products written in PHP7 with Laravel hosted on AWS
- Integrating several third-party banking and payment solutions into our existing products
- Build and provide internal & external RESTful APIs that ensure fast & frictionless updates of our products
- Adding new features from a pretty long roadmap
- Creating software architecture and modern solutions to complex problems
- Develop multiple platforms ranging from high throughput to maximum faultlessness
- Reviewing your colleagues work
- We use Jira, Github and Slack
We follow the highest possible standards to meet the strictest financial services regulations. As a team, we’re continually shifting, facing new challenges and expanding our knowledge of reliable software architecture, programming languages and the latest technology, and we expect you to do so.
𝑾𝑬 𝑨𝑹𝑬 𝑳𝑶𝑶𝑲𝑰𝑵𝑮 𝑭𝑶𝑹 𝑺𝑶𝑴𝑬𝑩𝑶𝑫𝒀 𝑾𝑰𝑻𝑯
- Ideally, 7-10 years of experience from the banking or fintech industry
- Development skills in PHP 7 with a minimum of 5+
- Knowledge of how to develop in React JS
- Practical recent experience with MVC Frameworks like Laravel
- Experience with test driven development with PHPUnit, designing, deploying, and maintaining production level server-side code / APIs
- Deep technical understanding of REST & RESTful API’s
- Great background in building scalable distributed products and practical experience with caching and knowing how to run high traffic/high demand environment
- Proven experience working with MySql, MariaDB or PostgreSQL
- Experience in micro service based architecture and running AWS
- Passionate about writing well-structured, efficient and maintainable code, actively keeping the quality of the codebase in check
- Ability to work Monday to Friday from 12:00 pm to 9:00 pm with a 1-hour break as our clients are in EU (Saturday-Sunday are days off)
𝑾𝑯𝑨𝑻 𝑰𝑺 𝑩𝑬𝑵𝑬𝑭𝑰𝑪𝑰𝑨𝑳 𝑻𝑶 𝑯𝑨𝑽𝑬 𝑶𝑹 𝑾𝑯𝑨𝑻 𝑾𝑬 𝑪𝑨𝑵 𝑻𝑬𝑨𝑪𝑯 𝒀𝑶𝑼
- Experience with NodeJS, ExpressJS, NextJS
- Serverless approach
- Experience solving bottleneck issues with code via optimization of logic or threading
𝑾𝑯𝑶 𝑨𝑹𝑬 𝑾𝑬?
We have passion for challenges and discovering new opportunities to improve. Geek Picker has been operating for 5+ years, and currently we have over 15 people in our team and we still grow. We believe in personal responsibility and operate with a flat hierarchy where each person is responsible for their respective task. Ultimately, it’s people who make our products. Although we work hard, we take every opportunity to have fun and relax. But when necessary, we jump into action and work hard.
As we work with European clients, we need to follow a similar schedule, but there is flexibility if you need to solve something personal during the day. We believe in your ability to act responsibly, and therefore you will deliver what was promised. Once a week, we have the opportunity to work from home. The rest of the days that we’re in the office, we try to make it a place we want it to be. After all, we spend so much of our lives at work. In the office, you can find fresh fruit, lunches, tea and coffee. We celebrate Bangla New year and plan to do remote offices to encourage team bonding in new environments. Each of us has a personal budget for self-development.