Are you a fintech geek? Or want to be one? Then you might be interested in this opportunity, so keep reading. We design, develop and manage payment systems and applications for money service businesses, e-wallets and e-commerce companies. Our clients are European, and their users are spread across the globe.
However, we’re not a huge corporation; we’re actually quite the opposite. We’re a small, friendly and flexible company doing big things from Dhaka. Each of our colleagues makes a significant impact with meaningful contributions, which is why we’re looking for the best and brightest to join our elite team of fintech geeks.
Our GeekPicker team works on two main products: a payment gateway system for e-commerce businesses and an e-wallet for electronic money businesses. We’re looking for someone to join our team of 7 developers, 2 QA and 2 UI/UX designers based in Dhaka and an additional 3 developers and 2 product managers based in Europe.
𝑾𝑯𝑨𝑻 𝒀𝑶𝑼 𝑾𝑰𝑳𝑳 𝑾𝑶𝑹𝑲 𝑶𝑵
You will set up and keep the whole scrum process, mentor and teach concepts:
- Ceremonies: Retrospectives – And their respective outputs, Daily standups, Planning’s, Pre-planning
- Artifacts: Product backlog (Structure of epics, user stories and dev tasks, Sprints, Releases), Estimations & sprint velocity, Kanban process
Help the team and product agenda:
- Working across multiple products within teams
- Take ownership of basic onboarding documentation (Access to all necessary systems, How to spin-up the project, Usual workflow, Best practices)
- Help PO with writing user stories / tasks for development team
- Supervising of keeping all aligned processes
- Communication with Bangladesh team
We follow the highest possible standards to meet the strictest financial services regulations. As a team, we’re continually shifting, facing new challenges and expanding our knowledge of reliable software architecture, programming languages and the latest technology, and we expect you to do so.
𝑾𝑬 𝑨𝑹𝑬 𝑳𝑶𝑶𝑲𝑰𝑵𝑮 𝑭𝑶𝑹 𝑺𝑶𝑴𝑬𝑩𝑶𝑫𝒀 𝑾𝑰𝑻𝑯
- Ideally technical background of developing or testing software
- 2+ years of experience as a SCRUM Master
- Excellent communication skills
- English proficiency level (will be used daily)
- Technical background
- Clear idea of how SCRUM process should look like
𝑾𝑯𝑶 𝑨𝑹𝑬 𝑾𝑬?
We have passion for challenges and discovering new opportunities to improve. Geek Picker has been operating for 4 years, and in 2020 we grew from two people to ten. In 2021 we have plans to double our team. We believe in personal responsibility and operate with a flat hierarchy where each person is responsible for their respective task. Ultimately, it’s people who make our products. Although we work hard, we take every opportunity to have fun and relax. But when necessary, we jump into action and work hard.
As we work with European clients, we need to follow a similar schedule, but there is flexibility if you need to solve something personal during the day. We believe in your ability to act responsibly, and therefore you will deliver what was promised. Once a week, we have the opportunity to work from home. The rest of the days that we’re in the office, we try to make it a place we want to be. After all, we spend so much of our lives at work. In the office, you can find fresh fruit, lunches, tea and coffee. We celebrate Bangla New year and plan to do remote offices to encourage team bonding in new environments. Each of us has a personal budget for self-development.