Are you a fintech geek? Or want to be one? Then you might be interested in this opportunity, so keep reading. We design, develop and manage payment systems and applications for money service businesses, e-wallets and e-commerce companies. Our clients are European, and their users are spread across the globe.
However, we’re not a huge corporation; we’re actually quite the opposite. We’re a small, friendly and flexible company doing big things from Dhaka. Each of our colleagues makes a significant impact with meaningful contributions, which is why we’re looking for the best and brightest to join our elite team of fintech geeks.
Our GeekPicker team works on two main products: a payment gateway system for e-commerce businesses and an e-wallet for electronic money businesses. We’re looking for someone to join our team of 7 developers, 2 QA and 2 UI/UX designers based in Dhaka and an additional 3 developers and 2 product managers based in Europe.
𝑾𝑯𝑨𝑻 𝒀𝑶𝑼 𝑾𝑰𝑳𝑳 𝑾𝑶𝑹𝑲 𝑶𝑵
- Highly scalable fintech products written with React Native and JS.
- Integrating back-end API with existing products
- We use Jira, Github and Slack
We follow the highest possible standards to meet the strictest financial services regulations. As a team, we’re continually shifting, facing new challenges and expanding our knowledge of reliable software architecture, programming languages and the latest technology, and we expect you to do so.
𝑾𝑬 𝑨𝑹𝑬 𝑳𝑶𝑶𝑲𝑰𝑵𝑮 𝑭𝑶𝑹 𝑺𝑶𝑴𝑬𝑩𝑶𝑫𝒀 𝑾𝑰𝑻𝑯
- Ideally at least 1 years of experience on React native
- Experience with turning UI/UX designs into working and perfect UIs across both iOS and Android mobile platforms.
- Knowledge of how to translate product requirements into clean, efficient code.
- Awareness how to leverage native APIs for deep integrations with multi-platform.
- Experience working with XML/JSON data models and Interacting with the back-end developer in the process of integrating the RESTful API.
- Experience with native build tools like XCode, Gradle, and Android Studio.
- Skills for diagnosing and fixing bugs.
- Sense for pixel perfection, and reusable code.
- English skills to be able to work with the international team.
- Ability to work Monday to Friday from 12:00 pm to 9:00 pm with a 1-hour break as our clients are in the EU (Saturday-Sunday are days off).
𝑾𝑯𝑨𝑻 𝑰𝑺 𝑩𝑬𝑵𝑬𝑭𝑰𝑪𝑰𝑨𝑳 𝑻𝑶 𝑯𝑨𝑽𝑬 𝑶𝑹 𝑾𝑯𝑨𝑻 𝑾𝑬 𝑪𝑨𝑵 𝑻𝑬𝑨𝑪𝑯 𝒀𝑶𝑼
- Experience withTypescript
- Serverless approach
- Interest in fintech
- Jira, Slack
- Unit testing & e2e automation testing.
- Application security
𝑾𝑯𝑶 𝑨𝑹𝑬 𝑾𝑬?
We have a passion for challenges and discovering new opportunities to improve. Geek Picker has been operating for 4 years, and in 2020 we grew from two people to ten. In 2021 we have plans to double our team. We believe in personal responsibility and operate with a flat hierarchy where each person is responsible for their respective task. Ultimately, it’s people who make our products. Although we work hard, we take every opportunity to have fun and relax. But when necessary, we jump into action and work hard.
As we work with European clients, we need to follow a similar schedule, but there is flexibility if you need to solve something personal during the day. We believe in your ability to act responsibly, and therefore you will deliver what was promised. Once a week, we have the opportunity to work from home. The rest of the days that we’re in the office, we try to make it a place we want to be. After all, we spend so much of our lives at work. In the office, you can find fresh fruit, lunches, tea and coffee. We celebrate Bangla New year and plan to do remote offices to encourage team bonding in new environments. Each of us has a personal budget for self-development.